boot stretching

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just trying to break in a pair of Lowa combat - my work boots (heehee -the boss fell for it).

Only thing is they are about 1/4 of size to short but OK for round about - half a size larger was way to big due to flat feet and the arch supports etc.

question is - how can a quickly stretch them by the thicken of and extra pair of sock, rather than wearing the extra socks and boots 24/7?

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
I’m not to sure what lowa boots are but when I used to break in my leather combat boots, I used to soak them in warm water for a couple of hours and then put thick socks on and wear them until they were dry. This method always did the trick for me. I’m not to sure if this is possible for the more modern boots with gortex etc.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
EdS

Some ski shops offer a boot fitting service that can stretch boots and fit various insoles etc to help. You might try one of them.

Problem comes with stretching lengthwise - not so easy as stretching widthways.

George

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I used to play ice hockey... hockey boots are tough. Really tough!

but most ice rinks will have the facility to stretch them and maul them to fit well. It may be worth asking about.

Joe

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
EdS said:
Just trying to break in a pair of Lowa combat - my work boots (heehee -the boss fell for it).

Only thing is they are about 1/4 of size to short but OK for round about - half a size larger was way to big due to flat feet and the arch supports etc.

question is - how can a quickly stretch them by the thicken of and extra pair of sock, rather than wearing the extra socks and boots 24/7?

Sounds like you have the wrong size mate, boots should not have to be stretched to fit. I've had my Lowa's about 3 years now, they needed very little if any breaking in.
Where did you get them? If you had them fitted in store the store may have a good fit guarantee of sorts, we do. Whereby for 3 months from the date of purchase if you are unhappy with the fit you can bring them back and exchange for the correct size.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Hi I agree with Bushblade ive had Lowa boots for many years now and they are a boot which fit perfectly no need for any 2nd world war boot fitting tips, best send em back for the next size up if there 2 big get a good in-sole for them silvermans do good ones www.military.co.uk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE