Boone Alternative Gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Thinking of doing a Daniel Boone style night in the garden. Has anyone got the kit list as per the 'rules'? I have tried the search function and I've seen a few Boone trip reports but I've not seen a 'rules' kit list? Clearly, I won't have much if any gear that matches genuinely authentic gear but if I can kinda replicate it with gear I already have, I think it will be a fun thing to do! (And if it all goes horribly wrong, I'm only 100ft from the back door!)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

the original thread with "rules"

more like guidelines to be honest

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I think you could do worse than re-read Deer Slayer and Last of the Mohicans and take descriptions of gear and kit from there. I wasn't aware there were any actual 'rules' to the ventures.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Thanks @Man of Tanith ! Okay..... armed with the original kit list, heres what I will use.....

2 wool blankets or one bedroll. - a US Army poncho liner and a Jerven Original.

waterproof tarp. - DD 3m X 3m tarp

knife - SWC Woodlore

axe or saw. GB SFA (although I won't need it, I would use it if not for C19!)

flint and steel. - lighter flint (empty lighter, I'll just use the flint mechanism for the dull spark, I don't have a flint and steel and I don't want to use a fire steel/ferro rod)

tinder box - I'll gather materials on my evening dog walks....

water bottle - Army surplus

billy can. - 12cm Zebra

cup. Pathfinder 700ml

spoon - metal spoon

food - bacon and eggs?

lighting preferably candle but torch is ok - Tea lights

basic water filter - mill bank bag (although not needed, I have one)

rucksack to carry items in. more kudos to those who do not use a pack - ill make a pack frame, that will be my camp task!

BOOM!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE