Books!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Ok looking for some books to help me in my bushcraft ways! But I really dont know were to start! :yikes: looked on the bookshop and just got confused by the vast number possible! So I got a couple of Mear's books and want something different, still bushcrafty though if that makes sense. Also looked at Poachers Handbook, is it recommended? Also can any one recomend a good book on tracking?? I know its quite a wide question but oh well........

Cheers

matt

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Can i ask where your interests are (you mentioned tracking and poaching.... any others) or are you just after a general bushcraft book? Are you looking for stories (most poching books are stories/diaries/memoires) or how-to guides?
Let me know and I'll post some reccomendations.

:biggthump
Ed

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
looking for how to guides for general bushcraft and tracking/poaching. Ye looked at the bcuk bookstore head went "POW" :eek:): obviously I dont expect one book to cover all the subjects/topics. Just something get me started/further my extremely limited knowledge. :shock:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
bothyman said:
Also am I the only person on here that does not have a book by Ray Mears??

Do you not have one out of principle or lack of funds?

Seriously, just because he is a "high profile" bushcrafter doesn't mean his books are bad, although as has been said before, his earlier ones are better than his later ones.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Another recommendation for Mors Kochanski
Tracking you might want to look at "animal tracks and signs" by Bang and Dahlstrom and "Tracking and the art of seeing" by Paul Rezendes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE