Books?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 11, 2014
Ireland
OK, so books might not be strictly be kit but I didn't know where else to post this question!

Anyhow I'm browsing for a good comprehensive book on bushcraft and there are so many books out there with great reviews. Some recommend Lofty Wiseman, others Ray Mears, and the list of authors and their books goes on...
So basically I just want to ask for that great basic book that will lay a foundation in bushcraft skills that I can work on. Already on this site I've read great posts on making a pot stand, putting up a hammock, sharpening tools, etc and that's what I'm looking for but can't prin everything out and I'm not bringing my dodgy tablet to the wild!

Any suggestions?
Thanks all
Ber

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If I could have only one it would be Mors Kochanski Bushcraft. Awesome book, great man.

Last edited:

nettles150390

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
High Melton, Doncaster
So rather than focusing on one comprehensive book ( though I offer the bushcraft hand book by Richard graves) I just use multiple resources various books and you tube here blogs, then I keep a note book and if I see something I want to try I write it out and draw it out. This do two things I can then take them out into the woods and the act of drawing a writing out the instructions help me to remember and get a better understanding of the steps. So when I just go out I slip the pages into my bushcraft journal have a play and then I can write down what works for me into my journal providing me a record compiled from various sources of bushcraft skills hints tips and tricks plus just general knowledge that works for me

Dec 11, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the suggestions all.

Nettles, I like the idea of the notebook, it becomes a record of a bushcraft journey as you build up knowledge, especially with so much info on this forum.
And I'll check out the book suggestions too, especially the free kindle book.

Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE