Books and other Stuff to trade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

James Popham

Dec 25, 2003
Central Croatia
Here's some stuff that due to postage costs i can't really sell competitively against the likes of Amazon etc, so i'll put them up as trade goods for a while. If there's no interest they're going to the car boot.

Some Books from an earlier post in classifieds - Here's what's left:

RAY MEARS THE REAL HEROES OF TELEMARK - HARDBACK Traded!
ISBN - 0-340-83015-8
CONDITION = MINT
£10

EWAN MCGREGOR & CHARLIE BOORMAN, LONG WAY DOWN - HARDBACK
ISBN - 978-1-84744-053-2
CONDITION = MINT
£10

THE AMATUER NATURALIST, GERALD DURRELL - HARDBACK
ISBN - NONE PRINTED, a 1982 Book club associates edition.
CONDITION = Some scuffing on the top and bottom of the dust jacket where it's gone in and out of the bookshelf over the years. Some slight yellowing to the edges of the pages.
320 pages.
£15

SURVIVE THE SAVAGE SEA, DOUGAL ROBERTSON - HARDBACK SOLD
ISBN - 0-236-15461-3
CONDITION = FAIR, 1973 1st edition, some discolouration to the dust jacket and cover, 2 small indentation marks at the top front of the cover. Pages hardly yellowed at all throught the book.
Title page contains an unknown signature of a Guy Mc"somebody" possibly a previous owner, or prehaps some famous person unknown to myself? No dog toothed pages.
223 pages.
£15

ARCTIC EXPLORATIONS, ELISHA KANE MD - HARDBACK
THE SECOND GRINNELL EXPEDITION IN SEARCH OF SIR JOHN FRANKLIN 1853, 54, 55
ISBN - NONE, 1996 LAKESIDE PRESS REPRINT OF THIS CLASSIC.
CONDITION - VERY GOOD, 447 pages with many vibrant plates from the original with sketches of events in the journey made by the author. Also some colour plates with paintings and details of dramatic landscapes and some charts in this historic journey in the arctic.
£20

I also have some wine making equipment which i'll need to get together before i can list it properly, but it includes a number of demijons.

What am i looking for?
A frosts carving knife - straight not curved, a duragrit sanding wheel for a dremel or similar. They don't have to be new, svord peasant, Benchmade 550 grip? (just fantasizing now i know!)
Make me an offer, due to an upcoming move i'm not looking for large or heavy items as part of a trade

Last edited:

James Popham

Dec 25, 2003
Central Croatia
A few bits added:
JamesJunk008.jpg

Here's a few bits of archery tackle, bracer a few nocks some bodkin heads, arrow shaft taperer, also a long bow case and safety stringer for a variety of bow types.
JamesJunk046.jpg

2 sets of throwing knives, a carbon steel set by on target and a cheeper set made in pakistan from stainless. Also a little gerber liner lock. TRADED

Some coloured filters for a tikka head torch and a spare base cap, 2 bulbs and a reflector from a mini maglite (2aa version).
JamesJunk034.jpg

A fly tying kit, no hooks in this but it has vice tweezers and all the other little tools for tying your own.
JamesJunk031.jpg

Over 18 for the knives above please.

Last edited:

James Popham

Dec 25, 2003
Central Croatia
Ok, just to help with some ideas i thought i'd list some stuff i'm searching for. Don't feel compelled, just for inspiration.:)

Snow walkers companion - Garrett Conover
Used duragrit bits (for wood carving) for a dremmel
Sanding drum set for drill
Snow boots - size 9!! :dunno: bizarre but why not ask!
A copy of Black Lamb Grey Falcon anyone?

Thank you!!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE