Book gift it on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
I'm up for it. I've just had a clear out of a lot of stuff so I have quite a few books right now. So to get the ball rolling (and so these books go to a good home and not on the fire or a charity shop) I offer:

Bernard Cornwell's Trilogy titled respectively Vagabond, Harlequin and Heretic.

9780006513858.jpg

Book synopsis is nabbed from Amazon.uk from someone who wrote a review:

In this trilogy Bernard Cornwell weaves historical fact, fiction and the stuff of myth and legend into a gripping tale of one man's quest for truth and his heritage. Thomas of Hookton, survivor of the massacre of his village and family, b*****d son of a deranged priest, cousin to one of the most feared men in Christendom but above all an Archer, must continue to survive the political and religious turmoil of 14th century Medieval Europe. He is reluctantly drawn into a quest, surviving great battles, torture and personal loss, a quest to find the holiest of christian relics and as the shadow of the Black Death creeps across Europe, find his own inner peace and justice. Cornwells incredibly accurate research, his unrivalled ability to bring to life his characters and his vivid portrayal of life and death in the Middle Ages, makes this trilogy more than just a work of historical fiction but a damn good read.

Books will be posted after May 10th though when I'm in the UK next. Hope you won't mind waiting till then for them.

No takers for the Bernard Cornwell trilogy?

Ok how about a copy of David Brin's The Postman. It's the book that the Kevin Costner film was based upon, much more bleak but still a rather good read.

49775.jpg

Morning bump! I read these and they're really good books guys, the Heretic trilogy is set against war in France during the crecy period, lots of incidental historical info on bows and general campaign living set against a really good yarn :)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE