Bonjour.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trail Runner

Nov 2, 2008
Larzac Plateau, France
Hello from France.

My name is John. I live in a little village on the southern edge of The Larzac Plateau. I just ordered the DD Hammock/Tarp setup so you can expect some questions as I head out for my first nights alone.

I have run on trails for many years, enjoying the solitude; it's only now I find I want to head off trail and appreciate more what I've been running through.

First question - How high should I pitch my hammock to avoid wild boar!!

I look forward to chewing the fat here with you all.

John

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hi there, and welcome!
When I was on the Ardeche a few years ago, ...
I was returning from a very early morning stroll from the toilet, quietly enjoying the still morning air before having to get back to work as a Canoe River leader for Acorn :)tapedshut ) when a Huge Wild Boar burst out of the undergrowth in front of me and came to a stop facing me from far too few yards away.
It was a good thing that I had just been to the loos, or things may have been even more unpleasant for me.....but Billy the Boar decided that I looked even more frightening than he did, turned tail and dashed away down the track - straight under the hammocks of the rest of the River Leaders!
They never stirred....
The hammocks were pitched about one meter off the ground, but the boar had his head low for speed......and only just missed hitting the sleeping hammockers!
Have fun!

Trail Runner

Nov 2, 2008
Larzac Plateau, France
Hi there, and welcome!
Huge Wild Boar burst out of the undergrowth in front of me and came to a stop facing me from far too few yards away.
It was a good thing that I had just been to the loos, or things may have been even more unpleasant for me.....but Billy the Boar decided that I looked even more frightening than he did, turned tail and dashed away down the track - straight under the hammocks of the rest of the River Leaders!
Have fun!

Thanks for that John.. In truth, after 5 years in France I've yet to see a live one. My wife has been 'lucky enough' to see a couple, one while walking the dog - Act 1 Scene 1. The dog chased the boar into the undergrowth. Act 1 Scene 2. The boar chased the dog out from the undergrowth. In truth, I guess once I'm tucked into my hammock a boar isn't likely to be a big worry; the hunters...now there is something to be concerned about!!

Thanks for the welcome folks.
BTW My wife thinks I'm barking :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE