Bone saw.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buntybunny

Nov 24, 2008
Suffolk
Hi folks,

Have a couple of young pigs to slaughter and butcher, not worth getting a butchers saw at around £40, have used a hack saw, hard going! If I got a saw blade, for bone, would it fit any type of wood saw - anyone tried it? Any ideas very welcome!

Any one made a bone saw?

Have a nice day! kind regards. Buntybunny:)

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
Try using a survival wire saw in a bow saw frame. They were originally called a Gigli saw, and were used in surgery for amputations and cutting bone where a surgical saw couldn't reach.

Alan

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Another good choice is the Wyoming saw. Mine is over 35 years old and still going strong. I've cut up quite a few deer with it and used it to make lots of hunting blinds and for other woodcutting chores.

Buntybunny

Nov 24, 2008
Suffolk
Wow, thanks for all the useful suggestions, spoilt for choise now!:) Think i have a wire saw that I use on bits of goat horn. Gerber exchange saw - like a pruning saw, give that a go! Luv the Wyoming saw, would get one if they shipped to UK, good to know about this little beauty! Will give my bow saw a go. When ever I buy blades for my bow saw can seldom get blades for dry wood or green wood. Get told this blade will cut any wood!!!! Have one of these blades that cut any wood so will try it on bone!

Many thanks folks, greatly appreciate your suggestions! Take care and have fun!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE