Bone buttons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Give duttons for buttons in York a call. Alternatively make em. Shouldn't be hard. I bet someone on here could provide the bone.

http://www.duttonsforbuttons.co.uk/

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
You just reminded me of a rams horn i found one winter up on catsbell , never got around to using it but think i might now plus it will have a back story as well.

thanks for the offer.

Fairly unlikely its off a ram actually as they usually keep the rams (or Tups as they get called up here) in the enclosed land and only let them at the ewes at the right time of year.
They let the ewes and lambs up on the fells after the lambs are strong enough to cope with the weather. Then the lambs are sorted out into males and females*, the males get castrated and their tails cut short and later on sent off for butchering.

The Ewes on live to breed with the few lucky Tups who have been kept in bachelor herds whilst the ewes were on the fell.

*The young females get called Gimmers before they lamb for the first time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE