Boat knife and an Izula type knife

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi guys.

Just showing a couple of knives i've made this month. Both commissions,

The top one is a boat knife, Built as per the clients drawing. Its 4mm 01, with the heat treatment scale left on, It has a padauk handle.

The one below i was asked to make similar to the Esee Izula. Again, 4mm 01 with African blackwood handle.

Hope you like them.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The chap who commissioned/designed it called it that. I think its based on sailors knives from way back. Might be wrong though. I'm pretty sure he will see this thread and he can say for sure. :)
Cheers :)

Parbajtor

Maker
Feb 5, 2014
Surbiton
www.tanczos.co.uk

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Outstanding work as always Mark!.. but I have to admit that I really like the "boat Knife" :rolleyes: Sorry for not getting back to your pm or posting on this thread sooner, have been lodging in Scotland since sunday and only had my phone to view, and very little signal to reply!
I'll try to explain the reason I called it a boat knife in the thread tomorrow etc but for now I need my bed! an 8 hour trip home has done me in!

Cheers

Jon

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
As always stunning jobs.

Like the esee but not sure about the over large hole in the handle as it leaves the wood very thin. But the wood itself is stunning, and the craftsmanship as always is amazing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE