Blundstone boots - experience?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
I haven't had the pleasure of trying a pair of Blunnies yet, my mate swears by his but on the hoggs front I have the dealer boot and the steel toe cap version for work been wearing the work boot version for nearly 16 months find then bomp proof too put this into perspective used to go throught a pair of work boots every 6 months and at £50 a pair great value

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I had a pair of blunnies like every one else said its the soles that gives out the uppers has years of life left in them. My replacements for them are a pair of redbacks which are a great pair of boots.

Jul 15, 2012
Midlands
I've had my 550's for about 2 years and wear them most days for general use. They're comfy, hard wearing and so far, the soles are still in great condition. It's worth noting that I'm not hard wearing on boots generally and I've not used these trudging about in the wilds of the UK much(I've a pair of Scarpa's for that!)

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I've had my 550's for about 2 years and wear them most days for general use. They're comfy, hard wearing and so far, the soles are still in great condition. It's worth noting that I'm not hard wearing on boots generally and I've not used these trudging about in the wilds of the UK much(I've a pair of Scarpa's for that!)

The sole problem seemed to apply to a specific sole design. My wife's fell to bits, but in all the years I've been wearing them, I've never had any issues. Just ordered a new pair that should arrive tomorrow.
blndstn_1450-leather-rustic-brownnubuck_a.jpg

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Because of the monsoon weather - though more because of the pervasive sartorial indolence - here, everyone's fashion sense revolves around GoreTex and Blunnies.

Personally, I can't abide the things for that reason and am a refusenik. I did however get a pair of lace-ups in 1990 which ran for years and years as allotment wear. Comfy and looked good too. They didn't make them for ages but I'd buy them again if ever I saw them. So, thanks for the pic, Deekin :)

The slip-ons just say dork to me, and are rightly barred from all civilized places.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Nah, just wear your daps. :)

The thing I found with them is they are good for late spring, summer and early autumn, but don't perform specially well in rain and are crap in any kind of snow, especially wet snow, or on ice, or in the mud ... I guess they were designed with Australian weather in mind. Summer boots for when it's dry and gravelly, sandy, dusty.

Oddly, and this might be my memory playing tricks again, whilst one sees half the population wearing them around town here, I don't recall ever seeing anyone sporting them in the outdoors outdoors. I think they might be regarded here more like you might a Barbour jacket (rare sight here), acceptable-ish as dress in most situations. The odd part is that Blundstones seem pretty well-suited to camp in the summer when it is deadly dry and pretty bush-like. Mostly, one sees heavier hiking boots, Crocs or trainers then.

Last edited:

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I found they eventually felt quite loose on my feet and uncomfortable to wear. That was after 1 - 2 yrs but I'm pretty harsh on shoes generally.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I've always found them to be good right up till the holes appear in the sole, and I'm also pretty hard on boots, stick a decent insole in if they get slack. The new ones I got are lace ups, so there's enough room to tighten up as break/stretch in. I bought a pair of Rogue "half boots" last year, and although the uppers and inside of them are fine, I wore the soles off them inside of six months, which was greatly disappointing. I'll get them resoled with something better as they are an excellent lightweight boot to carry as a secondary pair. Something I learned to do after losing the sole off a boot in a remote area, and having to walk all day with an old fertiliser bag tied on with some cord.
I gave my new boots a dose of this stuff. Works well, and it proofs wax.cotton as well.

51wRXnEUo9L._AC_UL320_.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE