Blue Mountain Forge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
I usually follow the rule..."If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is". Has anyone had any experience with Blue Mountain Forge knives?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
They look like knives marketed by a certain person who I can't remember the name of right now. He uses far eastern workmen to turn out very poor quality metals and blades.

They also have a number of aliases all with extremely bad feedback and reputation.

If it is the same person then steer well clear of them

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
They look like knives marketed by a certain person who I can't remember the name of right now. He uses far eastern workmen to turn out very poor quality metals and blades.

They also have a number of aliases all with extremely bad feedback and reputation.

If it is the same person then steer well clear of them

Hmmm thought as much, I could not see any way that a decent knife could be made at those prices.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
I am still curious, so I've bought a neck knife for £35. I will report back on quality etc

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Seems an odd course to take after what Mesquite told you. I would suggest you spend some time googling 'tim noble knife'.

The info was much appreciated but it was too late - I had already committed via a message - I have to stand by my word

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Tim Noble is the name you're trying to remember.....

Timothy Noble is the Paypal address. The guy selling the knives on Facebook is Thomas Williams. It seems that they have attended a lot of Gamefairs during the summer?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Timothy Noble is the Paypal address. The guy selling the knives on Facebook is Thomas Williams. It seems that they have attended a lot of Gamefairs during the summer?

Good luck with the knife, Noble is a deceiver and fraudster. The knives are made very cheaply, probably in Pakistan, and sold here under the pretence of being British handmade knives. As for standing by your word, don't expect the same loyalty in return.

If I were you I'd cancel that transaction.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
No doubt that it is Tim Noble. At least that web site no longer tells plain lies. If I recall correctly, some of the sites he ran claimed that all knives were produced by UK craftsmen. I am sorry to hear that he is still in business, although it is hardly a surprise.

I have a thread on another forum where someone was excited about having bought a Damascus knife for £47 (which was more than they really wanted to spend! :facepalm:) while others tell them that it is probably a great knife, great value, and proof that UK makers (disparagingly referred to as "shed assemblers") all vastly overprice their work. :banghead:

WealdenWoodsman

Forager
Oct 10, 2017
place
The info was much appreciated but it was too late - I had already committed via a message - I have to stand by my word

Although noble of you (no pun intended) to stand by your word, I would not feel guilty about cancelling. I have never had any contact with the seller but from what I have read about him over the past hour or so on other forums and searching the web, it does well appear that he is a crook, plain and simple. Don't do him a favour by handing over your hard earned cash, it will only prolong his scam...

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
The money has been paid, the deed is done and for the sake of £35 it is just a lesson for me do be less hasty.

I needed a little unobtrusive knife for shaving hair from deer cleaves at the 'shot site' when we are laying blood trails. We are sometimes near public foot paths so a sheath knife on a belt isn't ideal. I recently bought my wife a little Boker plus Excelibur from Roguetrooper - perfect for the job - looks like she got the best deal :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Although noble of you (no pun intended) to stand by your word, I would not feel guilty about cancelling. I have never had any contact with the seller but from what I have read about him over the past hour or so on other forums and searching the web, it does well appear that he is a crook, plain and simple. Don't do him a favour by handing over your hard earned cash, it will only prolong his scam...

We used to have a thread devoted to his various aliases on BB before it bit the dust, there were loads of them. He's been at it for years.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The money has been paid, the deed is done and for the sake of £35 it is just a lesson for me do be less hasty.

Hopefully you'll have paid by Paypal and will be able to get a refund relatively easily if the knife turns out to be of his usual standards

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE