Blue barrels for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Anybody have the outside dimensions to hand ?, i might have space for one but i'd need to check.

Kitetraveller

Jul 22, 2007
Norfolk
Height 24inches/61 cms.
Diameter 15 inches/38cms.

£15 each + delivery at £8.20 for 1 or 2 barrels (£38.20 for delivered)

Hope that helps.
Regards
Andy
ps delivery price is to 'usual mainland addresses'.

Anybody have the outside dimensions to hand ?, i might have space for one but i'd need to check.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Thanks i will check if i have room for one, i already use one of these for tanning peltsin but i'd like a clean one.
Any chance you could find out the delivery to Belfast ?
It would be worth checking for 1 and 2 as it might work out better to buy a couple or maybe even more if anybody else here wants in.

Kitetraveller

Jul 22, 2007
Norfolk
Belfast is classed as 'across water' and attracts a huge premium, making it about £22 per barrel for carriage (my in laws are in Belfast and I'm never sending them a barrel as a wedding anniversary present again!)

I will get you an exact price, but, if there is enough interest, I could probably ship a dozen on a pallet for a reasonable price; just let me know if there is the interest?

Regards
Andy

Thanks i will check if i have room for one, i already use one of these for tanning peltsin but i'd like a clean one.
Any chance you could find out the delivery to Belfast ?
It would be worth checking for 1 and 2 as it might work out better to buy a couple or maybe even more if anybody else here wants in.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Cheers Andy, i thought it might be expensive but if you find out there may be some interest.
I don't mind accepting them and organising it at this end if anybody wants in.

Kitetraveller

Jul 22, 2007
Norfolk
Hi Rapidboy,
I can get a pallet of up to 12 barrels shipped to you in Belfast for £106 approx. and it would take a couple of days.
As the whole pallet with 12 barrels would only weigh circa 47kg, it should not be too much of a problem to move around (the barrels weigh 3 kg each).
Obviously, the more barrels on the pallet, the more cost effective the shipping charge; with 12 it adds £8.84 to each barrel; just about the same as courier charges here on the mainland!

Please feel free to PM if you want to take this further, and I will leave you to try and find more 'takers' for the barrels ~ might be worth me posting on Song of the Paddle as well, if it would help to make up the numbers?

Hope that helps.
Regards
Andy

Cheers Andy, i thought it might be expensive but if you find out there may be some interest.
I don't mind accepting them and organising it at this end if anybody wants in.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
That's great Andy, thanks for looking into it.
If anybody in Northern Ireland is interested drop me a PM and we will try and make the numbers up to make this happen.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Last pallet i brought in from England was about 4 weeks ago and it was £60, one before that was about 6 or 7 weeks ago was £95.
Just depends who you use but these barrels are bulky so it's a case of using who ever will move them i suppose.

Anyway that's a couple of places taken, any more takers ?

Kitetraveller

Jul 22, 2007
Norfolk
I would be happy to get a pallet ready for collection if you could arrange a cheaper carrier, just let me know.
Regards
Andy

I'd be up for one if a palet is coming, although £106 for a palet sounds a bit expensive. £50 to £60 is a bit more the norm to bring a palet from the Uk to Northern Ireland.

Kitetraveller

Jul 22, 2007
Norfolk
I had to go back and read your post again to see what I had missed!!
I didn't take it 'the wrong way' at all, and meant that if you did have a cheaper way of shipping, I would be happy to sort the collection bit out at my end. Yes, that was the price from my dispatch department, using the usual transport company.
No offence taken ~ just let Rapidboy know how many barrels you want ;-))

Regards
Andy

My apologies if that sounded like a reflection on you Kitetraveller, it was not ment that way. I understand that you were just quoting whatever price that was given to you by a carrier. Please don't thing that I was "having a go".

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Nobody in Belfast want a big blue barrel ?
Perfect for burying your Northern Bank notes in :p

Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
I'd be interested in one, but not at the price to get them across the water. Has anyone seen if ParcelForce can take them (probably individually) - they charge the same to NI as the mainland.

Alternatively, I'm planning to go across to the mainland for a couple of days towards the end of next month. I'll be taking my Jeep, and could probably bring some barrels back with me. I have a friend in Blackpool who'd probably take delivery for me to collect - I use the Fleetwood ferry. Anyone interested?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE