blowgun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
longshot said:
it's illegal to make flint knives?

The reason could be that you would be able to sell them as fake stone age artifacts.

Archeologists told me it is virtually impossible to discern between a genuine stone age and recently made arrowhead (the things do not corrode much in 100.000 years). That's why they do not encourage flint knapping courses etc.

False archeological sites pop up over Europe avery so often. You should know in UK: remember Piltdown :D

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
Toddy said:
:eek: Hmmm, needle darts and all.
I didn't know about this. I knew it was illegal to hunt with them but I didn't know it wasn't on to own them for target shooting. :rolleyes:
My brother brought it back from one of his tours over twenty years ago for the boys.
I'll deal with it.
Thanks folks,

Cheers,
Toddy

Your brother need not worry as long as he never takes it out of his house, as he has owned it since before the 1988 Criminal Justice Act. The act does state that it is illegal to expose a blowpipe though, which presumably could include showing it to someone in his house. I can't really see the police ever actually arresting somebody for having one unless they were doing something daft with it.

Ketchup said:
The reason could be that you would be able to sell them as fake stone age artifacts.

No, it's definitlely because they are covered by the new 'stealth knife' legislation. While nobody is actually likely to ever be prosecuted for making, using or displaying flint knives, they are clearly made of a non-metallic material.

Pappa

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Late to the show, I'm afraid; found the thread via Search.

My son has a toy blowgun bought from a high street toyshop. Where does the law stand on this ?
I'm worried that if, hypothetically, I were to improvise some homemade darts to supplement plastic ones eaten by the lawnmower, I might be breaching the law.

Woods Wanderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 26, 2006
lincolnshire
ok so my plumbing pipe is illegal how stupid wat about the darts they use in smoothbore airguns there sold eveywhere this country is stupid
obveously im not sayin anyone should follow this saying but i heard it as a kid and never forgot it 'its only illegal if you get caught' a old man told me that,another said
'just keep a good set of morals and keep your own busness to yourself'
they both live abroad cos they dont care much for all they laws we have good men they were too great sense of humour great shots fit as ever and would help anyone

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
From CJA 1988

(k) the weapon sometimes known as a "blowpipe" or "blow gun", being a hollow tube out of which hard pellets or darts are shot by the use of breath;

Looks like peashooters are included in that description...

Worra load of twaddle...

I guess the toys are ok becase the darts aren't hard,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE