blow pipe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brynglas

I don't mean to be a spoilsport, and good fun they as they may be. I would advise that if anyone were considering using or carrying a blowpipe or similar, that they do so in an area to which the public do not have access, otherwise they may find themselves atracting problems. Under the law, a blowpipe is an offensive weapon, in the same way that lock knives/bladed articles are, the difference is that there are much more reasonable explanations that may be given by a responsible adult relating to the carriage of a lock knife/ bladed article than a blowpipe, particularly if the blowpipe is carried with it's amminition.

Hope that this is of use.

Cheers

Mar 2, 2004
oh good idea. im using 1/4" dowell .seems very light .read about it on blowgunhunter .found it on google.it,ll give me something to do tonight now heroes of telemark is over.
apparently you need to put a broadhead point on them if using for vermin control.
although i wont be doing that.but if its very accurate im sure it would be good for pigeons....which i do not condone :wink:
obviously this is not something to be doing in the public park chaps.but on private land and at safe targets ..eg ; archery bosses, hay bales etc.
keep it legal as usual eh.

Mar 2, 2004
http://img44.photobucket.com/albums/v135/thenaughtyboy/knife_017.jpg
this is a karrimat ,peppered with home made darts [ good idea about the skewers stew] check out the penetration. also if you look closely you will see where two shots have hit previous ones and stuck in the flights.with a bit of r+d i should get the right length and weight ratio to make these really accurate. these were shot from 25 feet away through a 5ft length of copper pipe.
what fun.
ps dont use your leather couch as a back stop!!! lol
mine has some ventilation holes in it now.naughty! :-?

D

danzomekahiro

Hi folks

Danzo the legal bod from britishblades.com here, wot wrote your knife law article a while back. I was browsing through and saw this one so I thought I would be a spoilsport with my first post!

:evil:

Blowpipes are basically illegal, although you can keep one predating the legislation in your home. It is illegal to buy, sell and import them.

:cry:

Sorry! They are fun though!

:twisted:

Danzo

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
steven andrews said:
Blowgun?

I use:
Ruger 10/22
or Sako Finnfire
Or my S&W .22 revolver :twisted:

I agree, I can unload 25 shots from my 10/22 faster than any blowgun, and it's a lot of fun :evil:

Cheers

Mark

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
boaty said:
danzomekahiro said:
Blowpipes are basically illegal, although you can keep one predating the legislation in your home. It is illegal to buy, sell and import them.

Is it illegal to make a blowpipe Danzo, like it's illegal to make autos and balis etc?
Section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 bans the manufacture and supply of them.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
So it is illegal to make, buy, import or sell one
They are almost defiantly illegal to use for hunting

So I would suggest that the conversation about the use of blowguns for hunting in this country ends here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE