Blank firer pistol...advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have been tidying the loft and found my old blank firer...I bought it for sound experiments when teaching physics.

The pistol is a Glock replica and takes 8mm blanks.

It was well oiled before being put away and appears to be in full working order...the only thing I haven't done is test fired it as I don't want the ARV paying a visit.:rolleyes:

I have no use for this pistol anymore, so can I sell it? What value would you put on it?

OR, should I surrender it to the Police for destruction?

dfe9c891.jpg
[/IMG]

Any advice appreciated...
Simon

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I believe it is illegal to sell on as it isn't bright orange a looks as though it was produced before blank firers were made so as they cannot be converted to fire projectiles, however I will stand corrected!
I guess there is nothing to stop you giving it away........??????

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
It is legal to own but not resell, you can gift it to a family member or friend but the moment cash changes hands it's illegal according to a Police office I know.

Personally I would hand it to the police for destruction, but contact them first some forces can get a little funny about blanks just getting brought into the station.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
As swotty says, the VCR act now makes this illegal to sell on unless you paint it in bright colours. You can still sell it to a licenced gun dealer or re-enactor though.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well its legal to sell them still but they have to be bright orange in colour. replica fire arms and blank firing guns are only usually available to those licensed (VCR Act) to have them such as reenacters, theatres and film companies etc.

you could sell it on gunstar and just ask for the VCR proof.

id say £150 quid ish

its similar to this

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Pistol-Hand-guns/BBM_Bruni-Glock-17-gun-for-sale-gs87966.aspx

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Well its legal to sell them still but they have to be bright orange in colour. replica fire arms and blank firing guns are only usually available to those licensed (VCR Act) to have them such as reenacters, theatres and film companies etc.

you could sell it on gunstar and just ask for the VCR proof.

id say £150 quid ish

its similar to this

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Pistol-Hand-guns/BBM_Bruni-Glock-17-gun-for-sale-gs87966.aspx
That's the exact model I have...

I think it's a trip to the police for this. I'd hate it to fall into the wrong hands.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Simon

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
It seems a shame to hand it in to the Police, there are a lot of people who use blank firers for legitimate reasons, I have one that I used to train my dog to the gun (not entirely successful I admit!)
I'm sure there is somebody on here who could make good use of it for perfectly legit reasons.....or if it can be sold to a dealer then is it not worth going down that path??

Andy

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
You could have sold it to a re-enactor who was a member of a group with third party insurance, to a theatrical company and others. How silly to give it away for destruction.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
It's a good idea, I enjoy shooting but to be honest a blank that looks as realistic as that dose and it get's into the wrong hands can cause a lot of problems for all concerned and causes problems for legitimate owners (like us) adding further restrictions.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
I got a few I need to get rid of. Nice colt etc.. Was thinking of putting it on "gift it on thread" would that break any rules you think?

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I got a few I need to get rid of. Nice colt etc.. Was thinking of putting it on "gift it on thread" would that break any rules you think?

It's not the 1911 blued barrel with wooden pistol grips is it?? I was saving for one before they brought the ban in.......

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Yes but they have a proven use, the VCRA is very perculuar when it comes to what's legal and when. For instance some one who is in a airsoft club can buy one if they hold a bit of paper saying they can own a non day glow version of a Airsoft weapon. Exceptions are possible but for normal day to day person on the street trading in the non day glow variety is considered breaking the law, but not a firearms offence strictly speaking but can lead to a firearms offence charge depending on the circumstances.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
As has been said these can be sold to anyone who has rightful exemption under the VCRA act such as airsoft players, dealers and licensed film and reenactors

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE