Blades and Bows- Website?

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
I got my little armex tomcat from those guys, good crossbow, lots of fun.

Lethal though. Managed to punch a bolt right through an old metal barbeque lid I was taking to the tip anyways, from a range of about 15 feet.

Were it to be used for vermin control, which, it obviously isnt as thats illegal, it'd be perfect for the job.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Never used these guys personally but just had a quick look see, a fair bit of their gear seems to be reasonable as far as the sharp and shiny is concerned, but there is also an awful lot of Far Eastern monkey metal tat, but as long as folk are getting what they ordered (a bonus on some of these new websites) and it appears that they are, that is the main thing.

GrizzlyAdams

Mar 2, 2015
England
Don't know about their crossbows, but apart from the Cold Steel US branded blades, it's all cheap tat. Customer service is sarcastic and rude if anything goes wrong and blame the customers. I won't be going back to them after a recent experience.

troutman, you wont see any bad reviews on their site. (^_^) Head over to www.trustpilot.co.uk. They really show their true colours replying to bad reviews there!

My advice to anyone would be shell out a few more quid and get some decent kit and service. False economy otherwise.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Don't know about their crossbows, but apart from the Cold Steel US branded blades, it's all cheap tat. Customer service is sarcastic and rude if anything goes wrong and blame the customers. I won't be going back to them after a recent experience.

troutman, you wont see any bad reviews on their site. (^_^) Head over to www.trustpilot.co.uk. They really show their true colours replying to bad reviews there!

My advice to anyone would be shell out a few more quid and get some decent kit and service. False economy otherwise.

Interesting first post....nothing like saying hello and introducing yourself before you slag off one company and praise another.....how do we know you aren't employed by this other company to do this sort of thing?

Sorry to sound suspicious.....but then, don't write suspicious first posts mate :)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aye, pretty much in agreement with Bambodoggy on this one.
An old thread resurrected to post a very negative review as a first post…..colour me suspicious.

Apologies if we're mistaken, GrizzlyAdams, but try seeing matters from our point of view.

You could go and say Hello properly in Introductions.

cheers,
Toddy

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I've used them several times, no issues at all and prompt service, bit like 50,000 football supporters at a match, only need a couple to misbehave and then there thousands. One bad experience doesn't mean a company should go bust as no one uses them, always two sides to a story. I don't have any connection to the company either!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
i've no experience with them at all. As far as the quality of the products on offer goes, so are good some are not, but any searching on the net for those brands will tell you which are tat ;)

The thing that makes me suspicious is a niggling similarity to the (now apparently defunct) BKCG, or british knife collectors guild run by Mike Harrison. I can't find any details about the name of who owns that site or whether they could be run by the same person, but the style of the pictures and wording are familiar. Also, I think Mike did his own website, so would make sense to be similar this is his too. I mention this as he was known to rip people off, taking their money and not sending goods out or failing to respond to emails with complaints and returns.

I think there is a thread on BB, but it seems to be down right now :rolleyes:

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
From memory it's owned by one of the guys on an air rifle forum I am on. He's a decent guy. Anodised some bits for me, wouldn't accept anything payment wise as "he was doing a bunch of stuff anyway"

Things may have changed though:confused:

Feb 21, 2015
Durham

Do you always drop a first post in like that????????

May 20, 2015
Cambridge
I wouldn't go as far as Grizzlyadams on this but he does have a point have any of you checked the reviews for Blades and Bows on Trustpilot? It is not the negative comments that bother me it is the way Blades and Bows respond to them, totally unprofessional. It seems the only place Blades and Bows have good reviews is on their own website which obviously they control even their own Facebook page is full of complaints. I have done a bit of research and there are better places to buy crossbows and knives

http://www.ukcrossbows.co.uk
http://outdoorhobbies.co.uk/crossbows-23-manufacturers-1-c.asp
http://www.crossbows4u.co.uk
http://hunters-knives.co.uk

Self promotion is always embarrasing when discovered.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE