blades and blanks for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Fieldcrafter-uk

The Fieldcrafter-UK hand crafted full tang sheath knife is made for field sportsman, by a field sportsman, designed to excel in the field at any task big or small. Built to last, strong enough to cope with almost anything!!

The blade is 5.8mm thick o1 tool steel.
Professionally heat treated in Sheffield to a tested hrc 57-59
Laser engraved in Sheffield.
Hand finished in every other way, each one is subtly different.
9.5cm cutting edge
12.5cm handle
it takes 4 x 4mm pins and 1x8mm lanyard.
There are 3 choices of handle material available for the Fieldcrafter, black canvas micarta , green canvas micarta and black and green laminate g10.

The Micarta handle is held in place with a 2 ton rated epoxy, 4 brass pins and a brass lanyard tube. Handle and blade are satin finished.

The sheath: made from dyed black 3.5mm shoulder leather. Hand stitched with 4 strands of waxed nylon thread with a deep welt edge. Riveted belt loop and the leather waxed.

£120 each with free (uk only) first class recorded delivery.

website www.fieldcrafter-uk.co.uk
review here http://www.bushcraft...rafter-uk-knife

we accept Paypal, cash or direct bank transfers for payment.

also there is the new knife I have just had 100 cut and heat treated .

they are made of 4.5mm ol tool steel professionally heat treated to tested 57-59 hrc

the same grind and Finnish as the larger fieldcrafter but this is designed to be at the cheaper end of the market to help folks on a budget .

they are not laser marked with a logo yet so they are as cheap as possible.

I only have two as finished knives at the moment , one in green micarta and one in g10, there is as you van see left and right handed sheaths for these.

pirce for the finished knives is £65 that includes free uk first class recorded delivery.

they are 19cm long with aprox 8cm or 3" cutting edge.

and as always there's the option to buy a finished blank with pins and lanyard for £27 that included first class recorded delivery to.

I have 100 of these so not gonna run out !!

and of course the big Damascus bowie with sheath for £250 including delivery .

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
that's great thanks gents , the pins and lanyard are 4mm and 8mm but the holes are .5mm bigger to allow for scale growth after HT.

I cant offer flat grinds on them no sorry , I did experiment with it but its to heavy on abrasives .

at this price they have to be efficient and cost effective to make .

I have very limited internet access for now so I think its best I just provide paypal details here and ask you guys to make sure to add a note to the payment to confirm your postal details are correct and what it is your paying for .

paypal linda.simmons53@btinternet.com

all the best , matt .

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Hi guys just an update .

10 blanks in the post this morning , along with the Damascus which has finally sold !
And the g10 handled knife in the new shape !

On my Facebook page there are blanks finished by customers in cherry and other hard woods .
Please post pics I do enjoy seeing them completed .

All the best , matt

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Hi Matt,

My blank arrived this morning. It looks great. Once i've got myself some liners and time I'll try handling it with a bit of Osage Orange, should make a nice change.

Thanks again

john

Demonwolf444

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2013
Ripon, North Yorkshire
I have very limited internet access for now so I think its best I just provide paypal details here and ask you guys to make sure to add a note to the payment to confirm your postal details are correct and what it is your paying for .

paypal linda.simmons53@btinternet.com

all the best , matt .

This is why the lack of replies to PM's i am guessing. I placed an order it arrived quickly and the blade blanks were excellent quality just finishing up the sheath today turned out a really cracking bit of kit.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
I wonder if he has any more blanks still for sale?

For those who have bought, how finished is the 'finished blank with pins'? Is it shaped, bevelled, heat treated and ready for final sharpening or does it need heat treating before handling?

Thanks, Tim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE