Blacks ultralite

Just got one of those Blacks own brand inflatable sleep mats. Only ended up costing me about 15 quid as I used an x mas voucher against the cost!
Its the Ultralite SI Compact model 120 x 50cm ish. Would have got the bigger one `but it was all they had left'.
Has anyone else got one?? If you have got one, is it any good (any good in the cold)?
Or have I wasted my money??
I know its not a thermaline one but thats a bit out of my price range...
p.s. Will be using it with an alpkit bivvy bag.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If it keeps your bottom of a cold floor its fine. You can get a full length from Argos for £15 though:(

The Thermarest clones don't pack as small as the original, but often work well, the Argos one does, I've been using one for three years now.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Is it one of the self-inflating ones, or one you have to inflate yourself?
I have one of the blow-up ones - a 'hiker's mattress' they call it. Which I think is fantastic because it's more comfortable (that is, thicker once inflated) and smaller/lighter as well.
Never really liked the self-inflating ones - never that thick and, therefore, not that comfy. And pack weight/size is quite big.
120cm, you say? Seems an odd length. Is it made for hobbits?

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
I have had one for a couple of years and have just chucked it as it no longer inflates properly - checked it in the bath for punctures but drew a blank:confused: I think the problem may be that I stored it rolled up, which compacts the foam,so make sure to store it unrolled and with the valve open as it will prolong its life. When I bought it Thermarests were incredibly expensive, the cheapest being around £70, but I replaced it with one of the new Trail Lite's which are much more affordable at about £30-40 and are still much better in their quality of manufacture and are more comfortable than the Blacks ones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE