Blackbird Bridge Hammock- Ridgerunner.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Toying with the idea of buying a bridge (Wbbb) for a dedicated winter hammock. Simple reason being with the lay of a bridge your down bag suffers no compression issues as it would with an asymmetrical lay hammock.

Anyone own one?

My main concern is shoulder pinch really. I've watched videos on the tube of U and it looks like WB have compensated for this.

Grateful for some user feedback if possible :)

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
I have a jacks R better bridge hammock, and whilst they do tend to pinch more around the shoulders i use mine with a exped downmat inside the hammock which completely removes any shoulder pinch.

no experience of the wbbb hammock though

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had the JRB BMBH for a while and didn't like it, too much shoulder squeeze and I found I preferred the lay in my Blackbird

I have looked at the Ridgerunner a few times now, I keep meaning to nip round to Mats and have a go in one.

A couple of things that put me off bridges, firstly you have to carry the spreader bars unless you're fortunate to have trekking poles that fit, so it's the extra weight plus the fact that if you bust one your trip is pretty much over. Secondly I find them tippy, not enough to chuck you out but it just makes you think a bit more when getting in especially.

I will have a proper look at the WBRR one day but I've got used to the flat lay I get with the footbox and I find the shelf really handy. I know the WBRR has the saddle bags so I'd like to see those in the flesh.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE