Blackberrys?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I've found the early ones are best and are soft and succulent and, as time goes by, the individual berries in the cluster get smaller and more closely knit making them tougher.

Magicman2

Jul 8, 2010
King's Lynn Norfolk
I don't know if it's the same where all of you are but here in Norfolk we have got blackberries all the way through from the green ones right through to dried up and shrivelled ones, with many ripe and ready to pick although up until now I've been busy with wild plums, damsons and elderberries so at present I've got 8galls of wine on the go and have tonight started the sloe gin. I will have to get out and start on the balckberries now everything is out of the fermentation buckets and in the demijohns.

P.S. most of my jam has gone too, isn't it surprising how many "friends" you get at this time of the year!

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Over here (Northern Germany) the crop seems good, though there is more mildew than in other years it seems on them due to some heavy rains in the past few week or so.

On another note, I'll be getting a blackberry from work next month, the phone variety. D'oh!

Mike

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2009
england
i was out yesterday and i couldn't help but pick a couple, seems round here no one likes em :)
there must be enough to feed a small army
i might go pick some today before its to late and make myself some jam *licks lips*
atb

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Here's some blackberries, piccies taken last weekend, before the rains came...

4990638681_605e4f891e.jpg

4991244832_fc1156c343.jpg

4991244568_804f99afa2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE