Blackberry vodka

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The Blackberries are just coming out here, been out picking some today to make a spiced blackberry chutney. I've no doubt we will be making something alcoholic out of whats around us, we have plenty to choose from. :)

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I done a bottle of pinapple rum last year, was very tastey, will have to look in the cupboard and see what bottles we have that might benefit from a flavouring :)

Baaf

Oct 18, 2009
Netherlands
Yesterday i picked 12 kg of blackberries for wine :), i already picked 2 kg for blackberrywhiskey. The sweet scent off ripe blackberrys with a soft Irish whiskey is wonderfull.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Yesterday i picked 12 kg of blackberries for wine :), i already picked 2 kg for blackberrywhiskey. The sweet scent off ripe blackberrys with a soft Irish whiskey is wonderfull.

Now you make that sound very tempting. Just made some plum gin, first time for this one, also planning to make sloe vodka & damson gin this year.

Rob

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
We've just made some blackberry vodka, apple and cinnamon vodka, plum and blueberry vodka, chilli n lime, and tangerine sage vodkas. :)

Can't beat that Chilli and Lime vodka, wow. :)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
...Can't beat that Chilli and Lime vodka, wow. :)

Ooooohhh, never heard of that one. Will have to give it a try.

We still have about two gallons of blackberry from 2008, but the 2006 was the best ever. That's all gone now. :( But we keep trying. :)

We always call sloe vodka "plods". When we first got mobiles with built-in dictionaries and automatic word completion (Nokia 8210) they didn't know "sloes" and always substituted "plods".

So it kinda stuck. Now we have blackberry plods, cherry plods, raspberry plods...

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Just made a bottle, anyone else making some ?

Rob

Yes we make it most years and damson vodka and sloe gin too.
Try adding nuts and melted chocolate to the 'used fruit' to make a tasty condiment!

PREPER........... :)

colly

Forager
Apr 10, 2010
Edenbridge Kent
i've got sloe gin, damson gin, blackberry gin and blackberry scotch from last year. now which to take to gathering?

i've just made some elderberry gin to see how that goes.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Made blackberry whiskey last year and it was amazing, almost like a port. Have made this years batch last week, although i dont think it will be as good as the blackberrys are nowehere near as sweet this year :(

Baaf

Oct 18, 2009
Netherlands
Oh Mon dieu, that sounds fantastic, baskets in hand we are off picking:)

Now you make that sound very tempting. Just made some plum gin, first time for this one, also planning to make sloe vodka & damson gin this year.

Rob

Nice to hear i inspired some people, Dont forget to take a rake or a ladder with you! For the high ones. Afther the blackberries I going to make hazelnut liqueur with mace and lemonzest. In the spring I made strawberry-elderflower liqueur, summer - wildpeach and tonka beans liqueur and blueberry liqueur.

good luck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE