Black tufted eared sqirrel with white bib

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
There’s an online tool that shows up photoshopping, source material etc.

https://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=27ec6f4e3c9e9910210c3386383b14da4c98ea56.149536

The image shows as the man says, straight from his phone. The pixels would show disturbance around the area of changes made if photoshopped in any way. I think it’s just a digital phenomenon, maybe to do with the zoom.

I found this little fella here, is he similar?

6-BAA276-D-0-D9-A-4917-9545-2472-C55-B3539.jpg
That's the one. At least I wasn't imagining it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That's the one. At least I wasn't imagining it.

Look up Calabrian Black Squirrel, you’ll find similar images. Squirrels seem to be able to interbreed like pigeons and pheasants to produce some oddities. A few black pheasants are released with the common coloured where I live. Kind of like a Bonus Ball for the day-out shooters that head here every year.

Reactions: BJJJ

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
Tha
Look up Calabrian Black Squirrel, you’ll find similar images. Squirrels seem to be able to interbreed like pigeons and pheasants to produce some oddities. A few black pheasants are released with the common coloured where I live. Kind of like a Bonus Ball for the day-out shooters that head here every year.
Thanks for the pointer, I now wonder if they have migrated from Italy into sourthern Switerland, or just a local variation. I will ask some collegues who reside there. Fascinating diversity over quite small distances. All brought on by a chance sighting on a walk during a work trip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE