Black Diamond Zenix LED Headtorch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Anyone got any experience of these?
BD Zenix

I'm curious about them. How good is the hyperbright LED and Superbright LEDs? What are they comparable too in other headtorches?

Is the Tikka Plus still the best around or is this a contender? (discounting weight)

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
Hey Stew,
The main LED is a 1 watt Luxeon, It's about as bright as 5-7 normal LED's. It'll be more focused then a cluster of 5mm LED's,and more useful. The other 2 LED's are just the regular 5mm LED's found in everything.
The only thing the petzl has on it IMHO is that it doenst have a battery comparment at the back. (Pain in the head when your lying down reading etc.) A few of Black Diamonds headlamps are regulated (The light stays at a constant brightness untill the end of the battery, means shorter runtime though) Not sure if this model does, but that for me is the No.1 feature when buying a light.

Mar 2, 2004
i have the black one shown at the top of your link.its a great little light.better than the tikka i think,and i have both.it has three settings for brightness and a strobe as well.it also has a rediculously long battery life.i use mine for camping and night fishing and find the light sufficient. :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE