Black Combe Summit

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Whilst away visiting the inlaws I took the family on a walk up Black combe in the southern lake district. Just under 2000ft and with the top hidden by the clouds and the weather in town looking like it's clearing we set off on a walk I never will forget.

The path was resonably easy to follow, but armed with GPS and a map I think we should have no problems.

bc1.jpg

Lunchtime soon came around and somehow we missed White combe and arrived just below the summit when we all got hungry.

bc2.jpg

On we went and I turned around, but where are you guys? about 15ft away

bc3.jpg

My son and the Summit - Hooray we mad it with no problems.
bc4.jpg

A bit later I left the family at one of the geocaches on the summit to go back up the path to another cache about 5 mins walk away. I found the cache and then turned to walk back but took wrong path. Gps started playing games with me. Trying not to panic and after 40 mins walking trying to get my bearings I found the family. And then we started the decent. I learnt a valuable lesson that day.

He's me after the adventure and now the weathers clearing.
bc5.jpg

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Looks excellent!Somewhere id love to go is the lakedistrict..

Sound a little scary getting disorientated,i remember walking up Zennor moor in Cornwall in clear sky and when at the peak,thick sea mist coming in...and horizontal rain!Completly lost!Not nice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE