Black coat for the missus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Guys & Gals,

My wife's long-serving, waterproof coat (late 1990's Field & Trek "Porelle") has finally given up the ghost and now leaks like a sieve. Sadly it's long past the stage of repair or reproofing.

She's after a full length (long) BLACK Goretex coat for wear when we're out hill walking / rambling together, ideally with a fixed hood, not a detachable or roll away one.

It doesn't have to be "feature packed" in fact the plainer the better. 2 layer Goretex will be fine, although 3 layer would be even better.

The issue seems to be in finding a long coat as all the current crop seem to be cut short, just below the waist, when she'd prefer at least mid-thigh.

Any suggestions?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I have a long black Helly Hansen Goretex jacket that I bought a few years back in buxton. They make them long for the boaty types, I like them long because I can plonk my hands in the pockets straight down and i find it more comfy that way!

A mate of mine picked up an ex-police long black gore-tex jacket from Anchor Supplies for £15 !!!

I'm not sure about the hood (or if it had one at all), but for that price you could buy 2 & make a hood using material from the second !!

I guess they'll also be available in female tailoring ?!

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Nothing suitable on the Helly Hansen website. Police / MOD Guard kit is a possibility, but we'll keep looking for the time being.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE