Bivvy bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi all

Ive used the issue bag when it was "issued" to me, good bit of kit, but Ive recently purchased a Snugpak Stratosphere at £89.99 from RVops and I'm very impressed.

Its just a bit more modern and the head room is well worth having. Ive used it twice and both times in bad weather and it gets a 10/10.

atb
John

Jan 12, 2009
Sendai, Japan
I have the Stratosphere as well. It's a little pricey, but a great bit of kit. The hooped headroom is a plus, as I tend to get a little claustrophobic in sleeping bags and bivys.

clanelliott

Oct 11, 2008
Glasgow
i have a Alpkit Hunka XL, on a scouting leader wet march weather training weekend i slept outside with it without a tarp, i had a 2 season sleeping bag and a liner. i was dry but had a rollmat between it and the ground, because i did not want to get my new bit of kit dirty!

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Anyone know how the soldier 2005 british army bivvy bag holds up against the 90'/95' pattern ones.

I ask because Endicotts describes the 2005 pattern bag as "ultra thin" and "ultra light" !!

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I maybe wrong but the early bags were goretex and the later bags were sympatex thats a lot lighter same as the water proofs
Same with the DPM tunnel shelter the early ones were goretex later ones sympertex with black poles and not white .
having had both the new ones are a lot lighter.
Hasnt the latest bivvi bag got a half zip?
Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE