bit of advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 11, 2008
shipley westyorkshire
first of all hi every one . i am trying to organise a wee tour of yorkshire for my self im looking at about a week for the whole thing and will mostley be sleeping in my car(its a seven seater) but i do have a bivvy/tarp/hammock that i can use where possible just wonderd what u guys/gals would recomend taking on this kind of trip ?

cheers luke

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
toilet paper - easily forgotten!

Apart from that, it's not very easy without trying to tell you to suck eggs etc.

One of those mini fridges would be a good idea but this time of year possibly not needed. Baby wipes, I'm a lorry driver and keep a pack in my bag all the time, unbelievably useful!

Something to cook on and cook in - and a little bottle of veg oil and spare fuel.

If you're in the camping and caravan club (or can get hold of one) their "big sites book" would be very useful.

A small reliable torch.

Apart from that, I'm sure you'll work it out for yourself, it's not as difficult as it seems once you get going. It's not very easy to say really because I don't know if most of your time's going to be in the car or in the hammock but really I think if you've got the kit to be in your hammock you'll be fine for in your car, though I'd avoid sleeping in the car if possible.

If you can, ordenance survey maps will also help when it comes to somewhere to stay for the night. To be honest, I think you'd find it easier to find somewhere to pitch a tent than you will to put a tarp and hammock up.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
You'll be very cold in the car - basically it's a big, metal heat sink. I'd try and leave at least two windows a good couple of inches open, if you can, to avoid masses of condensation in the morning. Takes forever to clear. I'd favour the tarp/bivy combo, if it were me.

I was out at the weekend (car camping) so was lovely and snug in the cold snap in my small tent, doubled up kip mats and an army arctic bag!

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Hi luke and welcome to the forum.
The biggest problem you'll find with car camping is being moved on by the police.
Myself I would go with the tarp or bivvyand a good roll mat.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`d suggest taking a one man tent which you could pitch up behind a wall somewhere rather than sleeping in the car. If you parked your car up somewhere fairly safe then walked a few hundred yards you could probably get hidden away somewhere. Fill your boot with food and water and don`t forget to take your credit card.

If you`re passing through Morley on your travels let me know and I`ll stick the kettle on.

Good luck anyway, sounds like an interesting trip.

Aug 11, 2008
shipley westyorkshire
cheers for the replies . the biggest problem im having is i ve only done 4 single night trips before so this is a pretty large outing for me and im lacking a touch of confidance in what im takeing i shall make a list of my kit and post it on here and if u could tell me whats needed/notneeded it would be a great help

cheers luke

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE