Bit of a rant...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
It is the Leaders who are 100% to blame. No site should be left without making sure its better than we you came, all fees are paid and also its inspected according to site rules.

On ething I would say is if yu are going to name and shame in a public forum then please name the squadron otherwise you are tarring all ATC units with the same brush. Priot to scouting I was an Air Cadet and Civilian Radio intructor and am ashamed that this could hav ehappened. There is no excuse and aformal complaint should be made to Wing HQ. If you hav eany problems finding that out then PM the unit and scout site and I'll give you the information.

I am with Roger on this - on all points. Our Scout Leaders always check that everything is left as it was found (and on occasions better) and the "clearing up" element is intrinsic to the camp. I am sure it can be resolved with a simple letter.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I bet you must feel peeved, I would. I spent some time with the ATC (As Staff) and as a general rule they are not like that I would say in there defence the complete opposite and a shame really as they have tarnished what is generally a good reputation. The leaders are and should be held to account in this matter which I would find totally unacceptable and personal pride would not have let me and I am sure many of us, to leave it in such a terrible state I wish you luck and success in this matter.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Its the cadets fault up to a point for making the mess, but I agree the officers should have checked before they left so their fault as well. Can ATC not use army training areas for camps or do only proper cadets do that? :p

A real shame but I guess it goes to show, army CCF are the best....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE