Bison replacement

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I recently sold my bison bushcraft knife to make way for this, H1 blade, black fibre spacers mosaic pins and desert ironwood handle. Knocked up the sheath yesterday and dyed and polished it today, I think I'll braid a neck cord for this one.
h11.jpg

h12.jpg

The desert ironwood was really nice to work but is very dense, the knife weighs a whopping 217g.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Very nice!

Just out of curiosity, why did you replace the Bison with the Fallkniven? They seem to be both good knives.

-Emile

Mar 7, 2004
Snufkin said:
I recently sold my bison bushcraft knife to make way for this, H1 blade, black fibre spacers mosaic pins and desert ironwood handle. Knocked up the sheath yesterday and dyed and polished it today, I think I'll braid a neck cord for this one.
h11.jpg

h12.jpg

The desert ironwood was really nice to work but is very dense, the knife weighs a whopping 217g.

At 217gm. you should consider a baldric style of carry, that seems a bit heavy for neck carry.

(BTW the H1 is my FAVORITE knife but I usaully find I want a smaller knife along with it. Often the Queen whittler.)

Web

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
eraaij said:
Very nice!

Just out of curiosity, why did you replace the Bison with the Fallkniven? They seem to be both good knives.

-Emile
The Bison is indeed an excellent knife, but I found that the handle wasn't that comfortable for me. Plus I make my own blades now but can't work stainless steels, so this is a wet weather user.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Webley Webster said:
At 217gm. you should consider a baldric style of carry, that seems a bit heavy for neck carry.

(BTW the H1 is my FAVORITE knife but I usaully find I want a smaller knife along with it. Often the Queen whittler.)

Web
Yep, I figured it might be heavy for a neck carry so I punched a hole in the sheath to carry it baldric stye, or I may just leave the neck thong long and tuck it into my trousers.
I've always fancied an H1 and so far I'm very impressed. I think I'll make a dedicated wood carving knife, narrow blade 2-3inches long to go with my spoon knife. I think that'll be a good combo.

Mar 7, 2004
Snufkin said:
Yep, I figured it might be heavy for a neck carry so I punched a hole in the sheath to carry it baldric stye, or I may just leave the neck thong long and tuck it into my trousers.
I've always fancied an H1 and so far I'm very impressed. I think I'll make a dedicated wood carving knife, narrow blade 2-3inches long to go with my spoon knife. I think that'll be a good combo.

I'm thinking of this one, won't know if it will work until I get the knife.

sencaus_brk_t-wharncliffe_greenragrandom-fbm.jpg

Blade is about 2.5 in".

Web

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE