Bison Bushcraft Ventile jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Hello all, For your consideration, a Bison Bushcraft Ventile jacket.

This was bought new and is sized to a fit 42" chest and 5' 11" height.

The jacket is in excellent condition, it has been used but not abused and shows no wear around the cuffs or hem*. There is however one part that has been damaged, the internal hanger loop, this in no way affects the garments waterproofness.

The jacket is supplied with the original ventile stuff sack.

Why? It is now too small for me! :)

I will sell this here for £135 to someone who will pay by bank transfer. Delivery is included.

P3150008.JPG

The damaged internal hanger (on the inside of the jacket)...
P3150009.JPG

P3150010.JPG

P3150011.JPG

The stuff sack...
P3150013.JPG

*See the post below where I have noticed that it does have a tiny bit of wear on one cuff.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Sandbender, could you give the pit-to-pit measurement please?

From pit-to-pit with the jacket laid out as it is in the first picture above I measure it as 70cm.

Additionally...

Having written that there is no wear around the cuffs i have noticed a tiny 1mm hole on the right cuff, you can just make it out in the picture below. Also the black stitching covers a 1.5cm hole at the hem of the jacket about 5cm from the centre zip, I'd quite forgotten about it.
P3210018.JPG

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The one and only price drop for this jacket, now selling for £135. If it doesn't sell it's back to storage it goes, maybe it'll fit me when I'm eighty. :)

Thanks for looking.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Good catch - I am on my second the other having been my "go to" jacket for about 8 years... it will still be my rough work (feeding the pigs etc) jacket :)
I would have snapped this one up if it had been XL...

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Good catch - I am on my second the other having been my "go to" jacket for about 8 years... it will still be my rough work (feeding the pigs etc) jacket :)
I would have snapped this one up if it had been XL...

I'm very pleased to have bought it; I've never owned a Ventile and have always wanted to get one, though I've worn them from time to time and it's just the best material to wear when working with young and nervous horses, soft and quiet as everything should be around stock...........:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE