Bison Bushcraft Snurgle Sac

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
I've been working on identifying wild edibles for a little while and have been looking at the Bison Bushcraft Snurgle Sac to use while out foraging. http://www.bisonbushcraft.co.uk/wilderness_kit.htm. It looks pretty interesting and useful, and the price isn't bad; but the shipping cost to the US is nearly $24 dollars. I presently have several Maxpedition Rollypoly pouches that I use for this purpose, but was looking for something a little different. http://www.lapolicegear.com/maro.html.

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the Snurgle Sac and how they liked it? They have a few other things that are interesting that I could add to the order, but the Snurgle Sac is my main interest, so that would be the primary reason for me placing and order. Appreciate your feedback and assistance.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I had a look but to be honest its priced at £4.95 which is reasonable enough but to pay that much in postage; for what is a stuff sack in a pouch seems just not worth it I am sure you could get something very similar in US for a lot lot less

Even better I reckon you could custom make your own
.The Rollypolly pouches are much more durable as well but may well be a bit heavy
A lot of people in UK use net sacks for foraging wild edibles

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
You guys are probably right. There are plenty of other options that will easily fit the bill that are cheap or free. My Maxpedition Rollypoly does the job fairly well for a lot, but it gets a little annoying when it gets too much weight in it and it's bouncing against my thigh with each step. The price of the item isn't bad, but I can't really justify it with the cost of shipping. Thanks for your input and helpful suggestions.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Hi
Roger from Bison Bushcraft here.
Our shipping rates are set to standards that cover average goods. If you'd like to order online and trust us to,I'll adjust the amount taken for shipping to suit one snurgle sac sent as a small packet.
It is difficult to get postage right as for example I recently had to send a 2kg jacket to Australia, the post office quoted £78 where we only charge £30.
Roger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE