Bison Bushcraft Guide shirt (with pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Rich,

That and the fact i could'nt fasten the top button, was the reason i sold it. I like to wear them as a shirt/mid layer, and the medium fitted me great in the body. But as has been said, far superior to the swannie.

Rob

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
My only gripe is the tightness of the cuffs, I've got womens wrists but it's still a bit on the tight side. Been meaning to try and do something with it for a while.

I love mine (autumn) but, again, the cuffs are tight - as well as the top button. I have moved the buttons on the cuffs and am thinking about fitting a little leather thongy noose-type thing on the top button (like on a duffle coat).

I wore mine up Pumlymon last early spring in wind blown drizzle and temperatures only just above frost and it did surprising well at shrugging off the moisture - as well as keeping out the wind. I would buy the spring or the olive green were it not for the fact that I have bought some green Shetland wool fabric and I want to have a go at making my own bushy shirt. Just haven't quite built up the courage to get at it with the scissors yet...

BTW - thanks to Snufkin for the original review - it was that that convinced me to get one.

Noddy

Nomad
Jul 12, 2006
Away
Just thought that I'd add a few words having worn this for something like a month in the manky weather of London, Vancouver and their environs.

I'm more than impressed with it. I know that well designed synthetics from Arcteryx and the like are lighter etc, but I have to say that this shirt makes an excellent component in a natural-fibre set up

Hiking in the cold on snowy ground in drizzle last week, I had on merino longs, this Guide shirt, a Swanni Rover zip jacket and a polycotton jacket over the lot. I have never been so comfortable - it was like being in bed when you have just woken up and realized it is an hour too early - only walking around :D:D

It is great for the hill, round the house, the garden, in the shed. The pocket is waaay more useful than I ever imagined. The general structure of the shirt means the pocket can hold a lot of junk without pulling all over the place.

It is warm like shacket warm - but much more so than the Pendletons I also wear. It will need patching on the elbows, in time.

And, when the lottery comes in, I am going to get a green one :)

Last edited:

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I had a moan to the missus about the cuffs on mine. Two ticks later she was back with two of her little elastic hair bobbles. She 'larks-footed' them round the button holes and now I have very comfortable stretchy cuffs on my bison guide shirt. Man I love that woman.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I had a moan to the missus about the cuffs on mine. Two ticks later she was back with two of her little elastic hair bobbles. She 'larks-footed' them round the button holes and now I have very comfortable stretchy cuffs on my bison guide shirt. Man I love that woman.

...good on the collar as well. I've got a medium which is big on me (yes, all together now short****)...but the collar is still too tight.

What would that bodyshape be...mesomorph...endomorph...bulldog?

Thanks for the tip Prawnster's missus. Works a treat.

kawasemi

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE