Bird I.D required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Here's a strange one, i spend most of my time in the east end of London for my sin's and other than the odd parrot and red squirrel nothing of interest ever shows it's face.
A few weeks ago i saw a bird that i have no idea about hoppin about on some concrete steps in one of the estates.
About the size of a regular pigeon (i'e smaller than a woody), vibrant blue green colour with a inch long stubby beak. Medium length tail. pretty stocky build all in all
Have tried various bird recognition sites and seem to come up with partridge or other's that it clearly wasnt.
Any ideas? To me it looked like a giant finch of some sorts if that helps (or hinders) :rolleyes:

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
parrot? seriously, ring necked parakeets are breeding well in Kent. They have longer tails though and green green rather than blue green, not often on the floor.

Did it look like this conveniently pictured with woodie.

halsband-en-duif.jpg

Bit of info here about wild parrots here www.cityparrots.org/.../page/2/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE