Birch tapping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
its flowing in kent
.5 Lt in 10 min
march007.jpg

Where did you get your bucket! perfect size.

Leo

farmershort

Feb 16, 2010
leicestershire
well, i got a full and overflowing gallon demi-john over exactly 11.5 hours overnight.

it's the first time I've tasted it though, is it supposed to tast like water with a bit of an aftertaste? I'm a bit worried that I've just collected a gallon of rain water. :)

well, i got a full and overflowing gallon demi-john over exactly 11.5 hours overnight.

it's the first time I've tasted it though, is it supposed to tast like water with a bit of an aftertaste? I'm a bit worried that I've just collected a gallon of rain water. :)

I was disappointed last year, I thought 'is this it!' but this year it seems different, to be fair it is like sugar water but tap two different trees and taste them next to each other and you'll find a difference. Truly amazing that a tree can pump so much water and to such a height, apparently you can use a stethoscope to hear if the sap is rising... though not many have them in their bushcraft tool box!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE