Birch-Tappers Dream - A Scotch-Eyed Auger and Belt Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
No worries Verloc. If you still want a sheath let me know (assuming you bought the same auger). I have,

Red
Ratbag
Intrepid Stu

Still 2 more going.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Red
Ratbag - paid
Intrepid Stu
Aaron - paid
Tony,

1 left.

Sorry for not replying sooner. As soon as my leather comes I will get these done. By all means pay now or pay when they're ready. I didn't want to ask for payment just cos they're not done yet. It's very kind of y'all to pay up front. Thanks.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Folks these are ready now, I've made a subtle change to the design after field-testing mark one!
I'll send PMs with payment details to Tony and Stu.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Should you ever feel like it, one from the batch after this please Shep (If you are not sick of the sight of them!)
Nice work.
Regards.
Chris.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Should you ever feel like it, one from the batch after this please Shep (If you are not sick of the sight of them!)

And another for me from the hoped for second batch :)

I'd also agree with robin, a nice leather case without the belt loop would be preferable, I have more than enough things hanging of my belt already :D

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
And another for the mythical second batch! ;)

Chris the Cat
Sandbender
Mikey P

(This of course is written in the vain hope that, by having it down in black and white, it's bound to come true!) :D

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
WELL, I am sworn to only do leather work for enjoyment and not get bogged down in mass-production...
AND I am looking forward to doing my next design
AND I am a bit bored of making these...

BUT, I have trouble saying no and I appreciate the interest, so I'll make another 5 if I get two more names and can still get the augers. Add to your name if you want a belt loop or not. Cheers folks.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
WELL, I am sworn to only do leather work for enjoyment and not get bogged down in mass-production...
AND I am looking forward to doing my next design
AND I am a bit bored of making these...

BUT, I have trouble saying no and I appreciate the interest, so I'll make another 5 if I get two more names and can still get the augers. Add to your name if you want a belt loop or not. Cheers folks.

Thanks for this Shep, one more needed to complete the list but if nobody jumps in soon I'll take two to make the five. Just a thought, how easy would it be to keep the 'loop' but not attach the working end thus forming a cover flap for the pouch?

The list so far...

Chris the Cat
Sandbender - no belt loop
Mikey P
southey - no auger?

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
That's fine. I'll try to lay my hands on 4 more augers and get started on Southey's ASAP.

Cover flap is no problem, I'll stick a Sam Browne stud on the front for closure. I just use a piece of thong through two holes in the top of the pouch which I tie through the auger eye. If anyone wants either of these options they're welcome, just ammend the list accordingly.

If any of those I have already made want the holes punched and a piece of thong to secure the auger, just ask. I didn't get to the PO today!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Many thanks Shep :)

Chris the Cat -
Sandbender - with cover flap but no belt loop
Mikey P -
southey - no auger
Angus Og - no belt loop

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE