Birch Sap News

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Finally, the sap is rising here in my part of Pork Pie Land

birchtappingpablostylem.jpg

birchtappingpablostylem.jpg

birchtappingpablostylemm.jpg

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Tapped my first birch tree today, collected half a litre in five hours, was surprised how quick it came out.Thing is i suffer from hay fever and discovered when i drank it my eyes itched and i started sneezing. Can this happen or was it just coincidence?????

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Finally got out today and got me some of the taste of this year's Spring. Ahhhh.

Tapped my first birch tree today, collected half a litre in five hours, was surprised how quick it came out.Thing is i suffer from hay fever and discovered when i drank it my eyes itched and i started sneezing. Can this happen or was it just coincidence?????

Lots of people's hay fever is caused by tree pollen so I guess it's possible you're alergic to the sap too.

Apr 11, 2010
Zagreb
Hi noob here,
i've been living in croatia bout a year and a half and hayfever here is hardcore. i'm allergic to birch pollen, and i hear birch sap might be the cure... and i'm desperate! Its april now already tho, quite late for tapping... But there r mountains an hour away, and if there are bald trees or even still snow there, does that mean i can still stick a straw in any white barked tree and start drinking?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE