Birch Bark Vase

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
I made this the other day and im really pleased with it!

Its got a jam jar inside to hold water for the flowers :D

dafs.jpg

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
jon r said:
I made this the other day and im really pleased with it!

Its got a jam jar inside to hold water for the flowers :D

dafs.jpg

Very nice! :You_Rock_

Personally I refuse to make traditional things to use in association with modern things. I would recommend removing the flowers and call it a basket. That would make it even better! :D

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
torjusg said:
Very nice! :You_Rock_

Personally I refuse to make traditional things to use in association with modern things. I would recommend removing the flowers and call it a basket. That would make it even better! :D
I know what you mean, but glass and daffodils have been around long enough for me. :) Great birch work. must have a go as I love baskets. Anyone ever tried a larger, bowl style? :)

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, nice one jon! There's been some great basketry on here recently, it's something I really feel I should learn...

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I've had a go, based on the examples on the forum using strips of cartridge paper, to try and get the feel for the shapes and construction (also makes for an office friendly lunch time pastime) Hoping to have a go with bark over the weekend.
Great examples here!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE