BioLite Stove with USB port

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
I have been on the preorder list for a year now and just received an email saying the stove will start shipping on June 1st with mine going out around the 15th. Once I get it I will be sure to let you all lnow how this works!!!

http://biolitestove.com/

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm really looking forward to seeing the review!

I've followed this stoves development from when it was a wee nipper of a hacked up tea tin :)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
the specs are impressive - the power output is better than charging from your laptop. The homestove version is also very interesting. I had no idea that poorly ventilated cooking fires kill twice as many people each year than malaria.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Shall watch this thread with GREAT interest.... Feel my Hobo stove is now well and truly obsolete now!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Very interesting concept.

If I was being cynical I would say that this stove gives you the opportunity to spill hot water and burning wood onto you electric gadgets like mobile phones, like no other stove before it.

Might worry about how well it works in the rain too.

But an interesting idea, certainly.

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
Mine should be here soon too.
I was one of the first that booked up.A fair bit of money but I'm away quite bit and it could (with a mix of solar and stove)solve a lot of problems.I've held off buying a woodgas stove since this was in the offing.Let's hope it lives up.
Being in Canada you should get your one first.I look forward to the posts.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
wow only just seen this i have seen the standard rocket version before but that camping model with charger looks amazing will be keen on the review too.

markphelan

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2011
Birmingham UK
I think the principle is great, but I agree - I'd be concerned about putting my phone near the fire to charge what with water and hot ash nearby. I'm also not sure how robust it is - suspect the orange plastic is going to be a weak point either from the heat or be damaged in transit.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for reviews as time goes on though, but for now I'll stick to my solar panel and a fire pit :)

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
The orange plastic part is just a cover for the heat sink. It'll be stable. As long as you have a long enough cable to keep electronic items out of the way it'll be fine.
It won't be cheap. I was gonna put a thermoelectric genny in mine, but for one that works well they're about £30 each. Then a heat sink.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
Just checked the tracking on mine.After wandering round most of the US it's currently on an aeroplane on it's way to East Midlands Airport.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE