Biolite output testing video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
Spotted then Biolite on wimp.com and was about to post about it but saw you already know. One thing I'd add, perhaps it would take hours to fully charge a smart phone but it probably wouldn't take long to charge it (or more primitive phone) enough to make essential or emergency calls.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Spotted then Biolite on wimp.com and was about to post about it but saw you already know. One thing I'd add, perhaps it would take hours to fully charge a smart phone but it probably wouldn't take long to charge it (or more primitive phone) enough to make essential or emergency calls.

I take spare phone batteries but to conserve them i usually only switch the phone and GPS on when needed.

But the hope was that i could recharge my phone and GPS on extended camping trips using the stove.
Looks like i need a different solution from the evidence so far.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Too long to charge, don't fancy sitting there for hours adding bit of fuel. Just take a spare battery.

I get about 20 hours in standby out of a battery, if i'm using the display and the GPS then that's down to no more than 8 hours even on a warm day.

If i'm on a 5 day hike then that's anywhere from 5 to 10 batteries i need to take, or one of those heavy charger packs.
Really fancy doing the TGO challenge next year so that'll be around 2 weeks to complete, that's 15 to 30 batteries unless i can find a few hotels to stop off in on the way ;)

If this stove was able to charge my phone in say 2 hours then i'd be in, bit of a ball ache having to keep it stocked with wood for 2 hours, but still i'd need to cook and make a cuppa and it's nice to sit round a fire sometimes at night.

If it did a full charge in say 1 hour then i'd order one straight away.

As it is though i'll just have to keep my phone off most the day and just have it on for 30 mins at night to conserve the battery.

Funny thing is, i can remember around 8 years ago i had this Nokia that i'd only charge up once a week if that :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE