Bio Security

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
hi we have just returned from a fantastic time in new zealand,
One thing we didnt consider before we went was bio security and boy is nz hot on it.
But what a fantastic thing they have to many non native plants and animals already. so if you go the dogs at the airport will smell out any food you are takein in and those boots you last wore will be dunked and cleaned free of charge and if you dont declare the bio security x ray machiene will be looking for lurkers and chargeing you many dollars...
But saying all this we need to be carefull were ever we go abroad and nz is a sure long way but worth it even with a BA strike on the way back.
thanks

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Once upon a time in Australian customs...

a chap who'd arrived off a plane... the nice doggie was sitting next to him looking very cute. Female customs officer walks up and offers the guy the chance to hand over his fruit, or pay a $AU fine on the spot - and then hand over his fruit. The silly chap denied he had fruit in his luggage.

"The dog says you have fruit, Sir".

Great dogs.

The only thing i hate is being sprayed with insecticide before arrival.

:D

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
The Americans are pretty hot on it too. I don't think they are as thorough as the Kiwis, but they have the food sniffer dogs. Last time through customs they very kindly let me stand and eat both my ham/cheese sandwich, and my apple before I went through :D

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I loved going into NZ. Our walking boots were cleaned to perfection - almost like new! I wish everyone would do that - t would save me the bother of scrubbing them. Now if only the NZ guys would put on a bit of dubbin as well...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE