Bio-Ethanol stockists.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
I bought a 6 pack of the gel quite cheap recently. I'll trawl through my logs and let you know where I got it from. P&P was not too bad, and considering these are 1l bottles, a 6 pack will last a long long time. I have a bottle in my hands.. PURE(tm) Bio gel fuel. www.gelfireplaces.com http://www.gelfireplaces.com/index....&category_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Looks like i must have bought the 6 for 29 bucks so a fiver a bottle. I cannot remember p&p right now but will look it up.

I'm still on my first bottle - I tested on the trianga and it works fine, but I also use it in my swiss military stove. It is more fluid than what I thought but I am fairly happy with it.

EDIT FOR P&P

According to my invoice: Shipping and Handling Fee : GBP0.00 Standard Carrier (Free Delivery - Limited time only)

So not sure if they are still doing free P&P but a decent price at 5 bucks per litre. It took me a while to find this site, I researched like you have done and it was always silly p&p.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
Sep 19, 2012
england
Anybody out there know of any large retailers that stock liquid bio-ethanol. Sure 'The Range' had it last year for use in small decorative garden burners, but they dont seem to have it this year. B&Q sell the garden burners but dont seem to sell the fuel. Ive found plenty of places online that sell it, but the postage on a 1 litre bottle is more than the cost of the bottle itself.

Im looking to try it in my trangia, since meths is 90-95% ethanol. Hoping it will be cleaner and less smelly, plus wont stain any gear in my pack if it leaks.

AMN.

Dear AMN,

I do not know of any large multiples that sell bio-ethanol from there stores, yes you can get methylated spirits from b+q, but you don't want to use that stuff because it's horrible. Also methanol is toxic, so stay clear of that. Bioethanol is energy crops fermented into alcohol and fractional distilled into ethanol. Depending on what country in Europe it is produced, it will contain different denaturants to make it unfit for human consumption. I have used bioethanol in my trangia and works very well. I get mine from Contemporary Elements Ltd - http://www.contemporaryelements.co.uk/bioethanol-fuel - They sell 5 litres for 15 pounds, you can keep this quantity safe in your shed for years as long as you keep the lid on tightly so the air doesn't get to the alcohol. If this happens the ethanol will suck up the moisture from the atmosphere and dilute the alcohol. Hope this helps :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
B&Q are selling 2l bottles of bioethanol for £5.

Nothing at all wrong with methanol just don't drink it or soak your hands in it.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I get mine from a company in Sutton Coldfield amd pay around 50p a ltr for 99.5% pure.

I buy it in 25ltr drums and if you don't have a drum he charges £2.50 for the container. You would need to collect it though as delivery costs are as much as the fuel.

PM me if you want further details.

I'm down to my last 40ltrs now so may have to re-stock when I'm passing next.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE