Bilmo Bushgear canvas bedroll!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It's fair big- I was swimming in room but I geuss with the length he could do it with longer width as well- a custom bedroll like a tailored suit but for camping in! :)

You're a fair bit smaller than me my young friend... if I were to have one at 33" it'd be like putting skin tight jeans on me :lmao:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You're getting good at this review business Cameron :)

Looks like a great bit of kit, as usual from Ian; just one thought, do you find it more comfortable to carry something that weighs that much strapped to the bottom of your pack? For me, I think I'd find it better up top,
But just asking out of interest............

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
You're getting good at this review business Cameron :)

Looks like a great bit of kit, as usual from Ian; just one thought, do you find it more comfortable to carry something that weighs that much strapped to the bottom of your pack? For me, I think I'd find it better up top,
But just asking out of interest............

Cheers Mac! It's fine- though I have t tried it on the top so that may well be worth a try thanks! :)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Thank you, Cameron , for your splendid review and subsequent fielding of questions. Thanks also to all who have taken the time to comment.
The bedroll which Cameron has reviewed is the first realisation of something I've been thinking about for some time, and whilst I'm not disappointed with the way it has turned out, there is certrainly room for modifications and improvements, some of which are already taking shape.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Thank you, Cameron , for your splendid review and subsequent fielding of questions. Thanks also to all who have taken the time to comment.
The bedroll which Cameron has reviewed is the first realisation of something I've been thinking about for some time, and whilst I'm not disappointed with the way it has turned out, there is certrainly room for modifications and improvements, some of which are already taking shape.

Cheers Ian! Glad you liked the review :).

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Funnily enough i was thinking of asking bilmo about making one after i keep eyeing up wynnchesters. Nice review and nice work bilmo.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
If you don't mind me asking what was the cost?

You'd have to ask Bilmo mate, it was sent to me so I could test it and see how I liked it/ what I would change etc. I'd think it'd be fair and competitive as his other prices are :).

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
9a7d0868e766b872e76925cc64ba6b10.jpg

Cameron I'm liking the bedroll and the review, you we're saying about it being like a hooped bivi but without the hoops? Also what's happening in the pic? Sorry.
Edit: I think I see now is that a hood?
After seeing the Wynnchester ones I'm really interested. Wish I had bought the one I had in Australia.

Sent from somewhere?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
9a7d0868e766b872e76925cc64ba6b10.jpg

Cameron I'm liking the bedroll and the review, you we're saying about it being like a hooped bivi but without the hoops? Also what's happening in the pic? Sorry.
Edit: I think I see now is that a hood?
After seeing the Wynnchester ones I'm really interested. Wish I had bought the one I had in Australia.

Sent from somewhere?

Cheers mate! Yes you can tie the hood feature up to a tree or stakes to create the effected of a hooped bivvy but you don't need any poles or hoops- that's what's in the picture. I'd take the Bilmo one over a Winchester I think as I think he's better for this type of thing for making it to your own specs in length or width rather than a one size fits all. You'd should speak to him and he'll get you sorted :)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
A good read of a good and becoming great product that is home grown and bespoke . Great work Ian 👍

I'd be a lot happier reading a review that follows hard use on the ground in all weather's and differing environments. IMHO it's too easy to use "review" for a simple show of a piece of kit.

Looking forward to seeing a review that's based on true familiarity of the bed roll after
Plenty of nights out over the seasons or at least an extended trip of a week or more.

How many nights out has it seen since ? And do you have anymore suggestions or praises ? Cheers

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Thank you, Chis, and fair comment with which I couldn't agree more.

The latest model is in use as I write, and I have the makings of another which will become my regular user for the forseeable future.
I'll keep you posted...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE