Billhook group buy....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Dear all.

I have been asked more than once over the last couple of weeks for billhooks as it is pretty much billhook season with the leaf now coming off the trees.

Now, you all know what is the most superior edged tool to use for Bushcraft............that's right, a billhook. It has long been a well known fact that billhooks are only used by men, masters of their trade, the axe, being used by the apprentices dreaming of the day that they are skilled enough to use a hook.

As you know, we used to supply hand forged billhooks in our retail days and I still do sell them to woodsmen as and when they want them and to bushcrafters. As these are still hand forged on machinery that was installed in 1897, you can take my word that you will not find any hooks out there like theses, you can shave with these tools.

The waiting list is pretty long for these as smithies are always so busy but my 'billhook slot' is scedualed in for next Friday so if any one would like one then please let me know. I will have 12 left over and the price is £33 including P+P and I will let the British Blades guys as well.

Paypal and cash only and any questions then please ask away and please find below an image of the Newton - a beautiful tool, you need no other.

newton.jpg

Best wishes.

Jack.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Ok guys, have got all of the above and keep payment until I have them all.

The British Blades are wanting some too so I more than happy to order some more if more people would like some.

Best wishes.

Jack.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
This may (or may not) be of interest to anyone.

I had a chat with Singteck today about this rather interesting piece of metal. He is happy to work up a sheath for the billhook for me.

"How does this affect me,?" I hear you cry :D

Well, on the basis that Singteck is going to get my billhook (I'll ask Jack pretty please to deliver it straight to him), he will have a "real" bill hook to use as a form for sheath making. I suspect, if anyone else wants one, he would be happy to make more than one. He can also use mine to show off the finished product with sheath before anyone else were to commit to buy.

Now I have no view on price etc. (and for mod purposes am just a happy customer - no interest etc.). But I am happy to pick up the costs of Singteck developing a sheath for the billhook and then if anyone else wants one - he will have worked the kinks out of the design on mine.

Just a thought since I have always wanted to play with a billhook but am reluctant to carry one wrapped in a towel!

Red

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
British Red said:
This may (or may not) be of interest to anyone.

I had a chat with Singteck today about this rather interesting piece of metal. He is happy to work up a sheath for the billhook for me.

"How does this affect me,?" I hear you cry :D

Well, on the basis that Singteck is going to get my billhook (I'll ask Jack pretty please to deliver it straight to him), he will have a "real" bill hook to use as a form for sheath making. I suspect, if anyone else wants one, he would be happy to make more than one. He can also use mine to show off the finished product with sheath before anyone else were to commit to buy.

Now I have no view on price etc. (and for mod purposes am just a happy customer - no interest etc.). But I am happy to pick up the costs of Singteck developing a sheath for the billhook and then if anyone else wants one - he will have worked the kinks out of the design on mine.

Just a thought since I have always wanted to play with a billhook but am reluctant to carry one wrapped in a towel!

Red

I'd be interested Red. What sort of carry are you thinking of?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Marts,

I have a few ideas, but I'll work something up with Singteck and do a separate thread to show how it comes out - then if anyone likes it they can talk to Singteck direct - probably a belt loop with a D ring option

Red

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Brilliant, I wanted to know about sheaths, but was too shy to ask :rolleyes: .

Had planned to try fashioning my own, but if he's willing to do more after yours Red, it'd be the answer to my prayers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE