Big cat sightings in Cumbria

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
A big cat was seen in a field near Dalton. Just out of curiosity, was that sighting, by any chance during a paid visit to south lakes safari park that's near Dalton? Did you pay to see it?

Is that being too cynical? I'm not saying the person didn't see what they claim to have seen, just was it seen in the zoo in the area? These stories always seem to include at least one flaky character.

Reactions: Ed the Ted

SimonL

Oct 13, 2010
Farnborough, Hants
A big cat was seen in a field near Dalton. Just out of curiosity, was that sighting, by any chance during a paid visit to south lakes safari park that's near Dalton? Did you pay to see it?

Is that being too cynical? I'm not saying the person didn't see what they claim to have seen, just was it seen in the zoo in the area? These stories always seem to include at least one flaky character.
Wouldn't accuse you of being too cynical, but I'm afraid you're definitely going to be charged with putting the cat amongst the pigeons (groan)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its funny how when the press reports these things, its a domestic cat?

i know these days there aren't many cats and few people have seen one, but they aren't big at all.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Recently I have seen in TV that they think, that they really have a puma in a forest in the middle of France. They just found the traces but could also record the voice.

Bonnes Vacances!

(But as my brother is convinced about that he has seen a wolf in our hedge, looking at him just 40 metres away, I am less scared about the French puma.
Should I stop writing here you know what happened...)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE