Big Bunny.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Erm. From AOL News:

Giant Bunny Just Keeps Growing

Meet Herman: a 22lb, 3ft rabbit that is more than half the size of its owner.

The giant bunny amazed onlookers at a Berlin food and agriculture fair - they first thought it was a giant cuddly toy.

Herman is one of a breed called the German Giant. Most grow to a maximum of 18lb, but Herman just kept growing.

Owner Hans Wagner, who raised him on a diet of vegetables, vitamin supplements and hay, keeps Herman in a specially built, solid oak hutch.

A spokesman for the German Rabbit Breeders' Association told The Daily Mail: "They are good natured, reliable and calm. They are, however, because of their size, not very suitable for children."

Herman1.jpg
Herman2.jpg

:35:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
my dad saw this on the news this morning and when he told me about it i thought he was laying it on a bit... but i think he was very conservative with his description now :eek:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Abbe Osram said:
What kind of trap would you use for that bunny?
Deadfall! :eek:
Looks cute so, we had a good laugh here. The kids want to have such a bunny.

cheers
Abbe

I don't know how you're going to set a deadfall trap for that you would need to balance a piano!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Cool pictures!

I wouldn't want to see what size hole it could dig if it put its mind to it!! :eek:

I wonder if the original idea of breeding bigger rabbits was for food, or just because it was possible?

Scott, not sure what you mean about the deadfall, just use bigger logs, something about 10-12 inches across and 10 foot long would be about right :rolleyes:

leon-1

Sorry guys, but I couldn't help associating it with Monty Python, which then led to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Was it not Tim the sorcerer/wizard that said;

"That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul, cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on."

The rest of the Sketch will nopt be repeated due to the younger members of the community

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
leon-1 said:
Sorry guys, but I couldn't help associating it with Monty Python, which then led to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Was it not Tim the sorcerer/wizard that said;

"That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul, cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on."

The rest of the Sketch will nopt be repeated due to the younger members of the community

That was one bad bunny....
buny.gif

I wonder how Wallace and Grommit would cope?
wallace.gif
gromit.gif

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Arrows! - pah!!! - what you need is the Holy handgrenade of Antioch ;)

:lmao:

Nemisis said:
I bet its got Stovie sharpening his arrows already lol
Dave

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
wow imagine if all bunnies were that big?

hunting them would then involve shuffling down the hole on your hands and knees with a birchbark torch and a spear!

might look something like this

P1010115.jpg

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Perhaps its origins were Vietnam and originally bred to dig all those underground bunkers :rolleyes:

can you imagine the size of the warren a couple of them could dig :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE