Big bottles of Greenheat gel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
Does anyone know of a source (online or otherwise) of the 500ml or 1 litre bottles of Greenheat gel. I know that in the past these have been flogged fairly cheaply by some supermarkets but I cant spot 'em in any of my local shops. I have googled for about an hour but no luck there either as I can only find the sachets or small tins. Oh, and the greenheat site appears to be down, none of the links appear to be working. Its getting me down.

If theres anyone out there who bought loads when the found it going cheap and now finds they want to clear a little storage space...... Drop me a PM :wave:

Heres hoping,
simon

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Just tried Greenheat under cold conditions today and I have to say that I found it totally rubbish. Not only is it about as flammable as a slab of marble, resisting sparks, matches and even my Windmill ShockPro lighter. Then, once I did get it going, talk about feeble output resulting in a tepid brew.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
No,

Not marvellous is it?
Nice and easy to carry though, if you have the sachets....(several hundred :()

BTW, I've got a mouse at the moment, which I will have to get round to trapping (I've appealed to him to leave but he's insistent) and he appears to find the sachets good nibbling...

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Great Pebble said:
BTW, I've got a mouse at the moment, which I will have to get round to trapping (I've appealed to him to leave but he's insistent) and he appears to find the sachets good nibbling...

If you want a (relatively) free live trap then get an old wine bottle, put some chocolate (or greenheat) in the bottom then prop at an angle so that he mouse can get in but will find it too slippery to get out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE