Big Agnes gear,anyone tried em???

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I have not tried the sleeping bags, I have too many already! I do own a Big Agnes tent, a Seedhouse 1 that is a very well made tent and perfect for me and my rucksack. Not heavy to carry and easy setup, although it takes a bunch of stakes to pitch taut. One of my favorite tents of all time and the only one I take for a 1 person tent.

Their products are top quality for sure. Cheers!

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I dont own any of their kit but.............. Wizard above has the same tent as a mate of mine used out wild camping in the lakes. We were pitched around Angle tarn pikes and it was blowing a hoolie and lashing down with rain. I was in my wild country voyager tent a geodisic model. Anyway about 3 am I thought what the ****! someones getting in my tent.

You guessed it his tent had caved in. As wizard said they look like good bits of kit and this one could have been a duff one. Next morning when we surveyed the damage it was in a bit of a mess.

On the plus side another mate has one of their doss bags with the slide in mattress and he loves it really warm and well made.

I reckon it was just a duff tent but he had a mare trying to sort it out with the supplier.

Hope that helps

Andy

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Andy, that is good info to know! I have good luck with my Seedhouse but I have not been in a nasty blow/rain with it. I have had some rain and some wind but nothing serious.
The one I have is a little off standard in that it has a spreader bar at the very top, that provides a little more sitting room and perhaps a better rain shedding shape?

I will surely keep your mate's experience in mind the next time I take the tent out!

Cheers :)

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I would very much like to try out there bags at some point,maybe next year at some point perhaps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE