Bialadin Vapalux repairs, anyone offer that service?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
So cats.
I have two of the above, ex military, that I would like to get working.
As far as I can see, all parts are there, could be the jets are blocked? I just don't know .
If I wasn't struggling with the stress of a divorce I would research the subject in detail and have a go.
It's just that I have SO much sorting to do, I can't take on the project.
I DO want to have two ,fully working lamps however, and I was wondering if any of you lamp cats could suggest
a repair service/ company or individual that would do the job for me?

I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.:)

Many thanks.

C.

http://classicpressurelamps.com/forum/
This is the site you need ,
sending them via a carrier has quite a high risk of damage .
See if you can find someone locally ,if it weren't so far away I would have no hesitation to drive down with my collection of spares and fix them for you, and show how to maintain them.
On second thoughts you could send them without the glass lenses ,and completely empty , you would end up wasting a couple of mantles in the process ,but I would happily to do them

Last edited:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Thanks tankie.
A question or two if I may, how does sending them lead to the loss of a couple of mantles? ( a price I would, of course, be willing to pay )
I shall have a look at the forum you mention, why am I not surprised to find there is a dedicated forum! Lol!!
I used one of these when I lived on my canal boat in my early 20's and so am keen to get both working again if 'do-able'!
( depending on how my divorce goes, I may well end up back on a boat, NOT the worst outcome!! )
I take it you have one or two of these lanterns yourself?

Talk soon I hope.

My best.

Chris.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Thanks tankie.
A question or two if I may, how does sending them lead to the loss of a couple of mantles? ( a price I would, of course, be willing to pay )
I shall have a look at the forum you mention, why am I not surprised to find there is a dedicated forum! Lol!!
I used one of these when I lived on my canal boat in my early 20's and so am keen to get both working again if 'do-able'!
( depending on how my divorce goes, I may well end up back on a boat, NOT the worst outcome!! )
I take it you have one or two of these lanterns yourself?

Talk soon I hope.

My best.

Chris.

did you get these fixed? i am willing to do the job if ime down your way or your up this way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE