best sandwich?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Gotta be cold lamb or roast mutton and mint jelly followed closely by corned beef and branston pickle. :p

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Top 11 starting In order of best down:
1. A New Orleans Muffuletta ( a heart attack on bread!)
2. A fried oyster Po-Boy
3. Pulled pork
4. A BLT
5. A grilled cheese (cheddar) with a hot cup of tomato soup (or this could be a grilled ham & cheese)
6. A Reuben
7. A sloppy joe
8. Philly cheesesteak
9. A Bologna (or bologna & cheese) with mayo & catsup
10. PBJ (with either apple or grape jelly)
11. Tomato with mayo & salt & pepper

But TBH it's hard to rate them in any completely accurate order; I'd take any of them happily.

And of course if we're including open faced sandwiches then a hot roast beef sandwich smothered with gravy.

Last edited:

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Chicken, Bacon, Avocado & Mayo with plenty of pepper on fresh Ciabatta :p

(Butchers) Sausage & Ketchup on nice white bread and real butter

and my guilty pleasure (and I do miss this!) Fish fingers, cheese slices, ketchup and mayo on warburtons.

I would have said I insist on only the best free range, best butchers, organic & fresh, which I would but with my last choice, kinda invalidates the rest!!

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Corned Beef, Homemade Egg Mayo (With Paprika) Covered in Mature grated cheddar cheese, Inside Crusty door stop bread.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
So many classic sarnies to choose from!

If it is warm/Hot then you can't beat crispy bacon and egg with plum tomatoes (as long as the Toms are cooked down to sauce). A bacon sarny or sausage for that matter should never have butter on it though!
If it is cold then a good quality thinly sliced roast beef and horseradish sandwich with butter is the bees knees.

What I normally end up eating all to regularly though is your standard ham and cheese.

Catfish1972

Feb 11, 2013
London
My mum always made date and cheese rolls for packed lunch when we went out walking. Homemade wholewheat bread roll, butter, mature cheddar and stoned dates. Sounds like a weird combination but it works (and it always reminds me of Boxing Day, halfway up Kinder Scout).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE